Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's been a while..... a long while

I could sit here and tell you all the reasons why I haven't blogged lately. But, I doubt you would have any sympathy for me because I'm sure most of you are in the same boat. You know, the back-to-school plus working my booty off boat. At times, I have wanted to jump out and pretend I don't have all of this stuff to do. It's getting better though, I think. Maybe I am settling into this new kind of crazy. Or maybe I know I'm about to enjoy great long weekend in Napa, and am thinking I can get through anything in the meantime ...... Yes, I think that's it. I'm even excited about the sleep I will get on the airplane, not to mention the wine in my future. Ahhhh. I'm feeling better already.

On to my dinner for tonight - Lamb Chops. I adore them. And they are so simple to make. I like to make an easy cherry sauce to go with mine. Served with Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Peas & Prosciutto. Easy enough for a week night meal or to entertain friends. Enjoy :)

Lamb Chop with Cherry Sauce

2 teaspoons olive oil
4 lamb chops
salt and pepper to taste
3 shallots (chopped)
1/2 cup ruby Port
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup dried tart cherries
3 tablespoons cherry jam
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

1. Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a pan.
3. Add the lamb chops and cook until they reach the desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side to get a thick chop to medium rare.
4. Set the lamb aside and drain the drippings from the pan.
5. Add the shallots and saute for 1 minute.
6. Add the port, broth, cherries, cherry jam, balsamic vinegar and deglaze the pan.
7. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer until it thickens to form a sauce, about 6-10 minutes.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Pour the sauce over the lamb




No comments:

Post a Comment