Saturday, July 9, 2011

Easy Clean Up?? Count Me In.....

I despise doing the dishes. It is definitely my least favorite part of my day. I almost don't even want to write about it, because I don't want to relive it. But, oh yeah, this is a happy post about easy clean up, so I'll get back to it. I have written about one pot meals being a fav of mine and meals made in foil are no different. Easy, delicious, and fool proof. You can't go wrong. Enjoy :)

Asian Chicken with Spinach and Shiitake Mushrooms

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 cups baby spinach
1 cup shiitake mushrooms; sliced
4 cloves garlic; minced
2 tablespoons fresh ginger; minced
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
4 tablespoons soy sauce
Red Pepper Flakes

Preheat oven to 375

Tear off 4 large pieces of aluminum foil. Place one cup of spinach in the middle of each piece. Place the chicken on top. Add 1/4 cup of the mushrooms on top of each piece of chicken. Then sprinkle the garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes over the chicken and mushrooms. Drizzle each piece with the sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, and soy sauce. Fold in all the edges of the foil and pinch to form a tight seal.

Place on a foil lined baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes. Remove and carefully (it will be steaming hot) open the foil. I remove the chicken and slice it. Then, I drain the sauce from the packets into a boil, reserving the spinach and mushrooms.

On a platter, place the spinach and mushrooms down. Place the sliced chicken on top and drizzle with a little of the reserved sauce. Serve the rest of the sauce on the side.

I served mine with Sauteed Snow Peas & Peppers



No comments:

Post a Comment