Thursday, July 28, 2011

Easy Eggplant Dip

I love dips that can be make in a food processor. It's just so easy and it's easy clean up. It's a win, win. One of my favorites lately is an eggplant dip. It is creamy, a little bit spicy, and delicious. I serve it with Naan. I could be a little obsessed. Naan is a flatbread that resembles pita bread. But, with more flavor. I buy the Garlic Naan at Whole Foods. I can't tell you how good it is!
Enjoy :)

Preheat oven to 350

I small eggplant; skin removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 red pepper; seeds and stem removed, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 red onion; cut into 1 inch pieces
4 garlic cloves; skins removed
2 tablespoons olive oil; plus 1/4 cup olive oil
kosher salt & pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/3 cup crumbled feta
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 pkg Naan or pita bread

Slice Naan in any way you want. Spray the pan with nonstick spray and place the Naan on the pan. Spray the top with nonstick spray.

Cook, until light brown. About 12-15 minutes.

Turn oven up to 400

Place all cut veggies and 2 tablespoons olive oil on a sheet pan. Cook for 15-20 minutes.

In a food processor, add veggies, lemon juice, and feta. Pulse a few times. Then, with it running, drizzle the remaining olive oil in. Season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment