Saturday, July 23, 2011

The One Thing I Didn't Want To Learn...

It's my favorite and something that I crave on a regular basis. I think I could eat it everyday. While I lived in Denver, you could get it delivered. Talk about convenient!! I'm talking about sushi. Now, before some of you stop reading here, sushi does not mean you are eating raw fish! Sushi actually just refers to the rice. You can fill the rolls with whatever you like. I always have said that I never wanted to learn how to make sushi because I loved it so much. I didn't want it to lose any appeal, which can sometime happen. The cooking school where I work offers a sushi class taught by the man that owns several Japanese/Sushi restaurants in Memphis. Well, a couple of years ago, I was scheduled to work one of the sushi classes. I was excited because I heard he made the instructor a huge platter of sushi. Yum. I, after working the class enough, now know how to roll sushi. Sooo glad I know how to now. It is so easy.

I made some recently while at the beach. My friends sent their hubby's to the store to pick up the ingredients. I should have known better. I was only warned after the fact. They came back with imitation crab. Hello?! We are at the BEACH - there is fresh seafood everywhere! They also brought back rock hard avocado's. All the girls got a good laugh at their expense. Needless to say, I had to go back to get the right ingredients. Live and learn....... I made two different types of rolls that night - Spicy Crab and Mango and Vegetable. If you can, sign up for a local sushi class. They are a ton of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment