Friday, July 22, 2011

Requests.....

So, I got a request from a family friend who use to babysit my sister and I when we were little. She also "teenage-sat" us too when my parents would go out-of-town. Thankfully, she lived (as did my sister and I ;) to tell about it. And, yes, there were some stories. She requested some recipes with only a few ingredients. I get this request a lot from family & friends. Everyone is short on time these days and everyone is looking to put something healthy and yummy on the table for their family. So, Laurie, this is for you. Enjoy :)

Grilled Chicken with Chimichurri Sauce

4 boneless chicken breasts
1 bunch italian parsley
1 bunch cilantro
1/2 cup fresh oregano leaves
4 garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 lemon; juiced
1/2 lemon thinly sliced for garnish
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
Kosher salt & Pepper

Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat your grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Cook 6 minutes per side. Remove and tent on a plate while you make the sauce.

Combine all ingredients, EXCEPT the olive oil, in a blender. Pulse a few times. Then, turn on and slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.

Place a little of the sauce on a plate, top with a chicken breast, and garnish with a fresh slice of lemon

I forgot to take pictures of the finished product. I hate it when I do this. It was beautiful and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment