Friday, June 10, 2011

A Cheesy Situation

I have a love for pimento cheese. I mean, a true love. Whether it's on a sandwich, crackers, celery, or if I'm just sneaking a bite out of the container with a fork, I love it. It is definitely a Southern thing. There are several different ways that I like to prepare it that I thought I would share for all you other pimento cheese lovers out there.

Old-fashioned
Southwestern
Gourmet

OLD-FASHIONED

2 cups sharp cheddar shredded cheese
1/2 mayo
3 tablespoons pimentos
3 0z cream cheese; room temp
1/2 teaspoon onion power
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
Salt & pepper to taste


SOUTHWESTERN

1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Mont jack cheese
1 small can chopped green chilies
3 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup mayo
2 tablespoons minced onion
8-10 drops of Tabasco sauce
Salt & Pepper to taste

GOURMET

2 cups sharp white cheddar; shredded
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup creme fraiche
3 tablespoons of roasted bell peppers; chopped
1 teaspoon worcestershire
3 green onions; chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions :

Place all ingredients in a food processor. PULSE until everything is mixed together. Enjoy it your favorite way to enjoy it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment