Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's All Greek To Me

I'm just a tad obsessed with all things Greek right now. Stuffed grape leaves, hummus, tzatziki, and creamy feta top the list. The people of Greece enjoy a delicious, healthy way of eating. Nuts, oils, vegetables, lean proteins, yogurt, and cheese. Ahhhh... I must go! One of my favorites apps to make is Grilled Pita Bread with Tzatziki. Yums.

1 pint Greek Yogurt ( I use Fage 0 %)
1 cucumber, seeded. leave peel on
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves; minced
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh dill (or 1 tablespoon dried dill)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

Grate the cucumber into a bowl. Squeeze all the liquid from the grated cucumber into the sink.

Mix together all ingredients.

Pita bread - Lightly oil a grill or grill pan (which is what I use). Heat to medium. Grilled pita bread for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and cut into triangles or squares. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment