Monday, June 13, 2011

You Either Love em or Hate em

Olives. Probably not surprising to many, but I LOVE them. Always have. I have apparently passed this love for all things briny onto Amelia. When I asked her what she wanted for lunch today, she answered, "olives". Not exactly the answer I was looking for, but I got to work anyway. I decided to make her some olive tapenade and crostini. Seemed a little more filling than just eating olives alone. Love my girl and her passion for food!

Crostini

1/2 pound good olives ( I usually buy the Mediterranean mix); pitted - just smash each olives with a knifes, like you are smashing a garlic clove, and you should be able to easily remove the pit

2 tablespoons capers, drained & rinsed
2 garlic gloves
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
1/2 cup olive oil
1-2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley
2 teaspoons anchovy paste (yes, it makes it taste really good and, no, it won't taste like fish)

Combine all ingredients in a food processor except the olive oil. Pulse several times. Then slowly add the olive oil while pulsing.

Place in a bowl and serve alongside the crostini. Enjoy :) Amelia sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment