Thursday, June 16, 2011

Daddy Day


I am one lucky girl. I definitely lucked out it the Dad department!! He is sweet, loving, kind, and funny! For Father's Day, Amelia and I want to make him a dinner that he would love. Amelia and her Paw Paw have a very special relationship. I love to watch them interact. Often brings me back to my own childhood as he tells her the same jokes as he told me, and does the same funny things! When I asked Amelia what we should cook for him, she answered, "Oreo Cake, with ice cream, and strawberries". These two love to eat Oreo's together! And, I have a feeling he often sneaks her more than I allow......

Amelia's Final Menu :

Oven Fried Chicken
Green Beans with Pancetta
Black Eyed Peas
Oreo Cake

Oven Fried Chicken

2 whole chickens; each cut into 8 pieces
1 quart buttermilk
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
5 drops Tabasco Sauce
4 cup corn flakes; crushed
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon kosher salt

In a bowl, mix together buttermilk, mustard, dijon, and Tabaso. Add chicken and let marinate at least 2 hours.

In another bowl, mix together the cornflakes, garlic powder, Kosher salt, and cayenne pepper.

Preheat oven to 400. Place a rack on a cookie sheet. Get one piece of chicken out at a time and coat in the cornflake mixture. Do this to all the chicken pieces and place on the rack (will take 2 baking sheets if cooking two chickens). Lightly spray chicken with some nonstick spray. Cook for 45-50 minutes.


Oreo Cake

1 box white cake mix
1 can cream cheese frosting
1 box Oreo Crumbs
Whipped Cream
Strawberries; sliced

Cook cake according to directions. When completely cool, ice with frosting, then push oreo crumbs into cake. It will be messy. Very messy.

Top cake with whipped cream and slice strawberries.

And, yes, this is the extent of my baking these days. Hard to believe I started culinary school majoring in Baking & Pastry Arts....... Enjoy :)

* Because of work (busy cooking for someone else), we were not able to cook our meal today. I will upload pics this week when we get the chance to celebrate my very understanding Dad :) *

No comments:

Post a Comment